To use App Inventor, your computer must meet the following system requirements:
Computer and operating system
- Macintosh (with Intel processor): Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- GNU/Linux: Ubuntu 8+, Debian 5+
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Apple Safari 5.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 4.0 or high
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher
Applications created with App Inventor can run on any Android Phone. The development environment and Setup software itself directly supports the following phones: Any additional devices will require Windows drivers provided by the hardware manufacturer.
* Or similar hardware on other carriers
Whichever model you have, your phone must have an SD card installed, or else it won't work with App Inventor.
App Inventor also works with many other Android phones, including models from HTC, Samsung, and Dell, but in many cases you will need to download and install additional software from the manufacturer. You can find details for a few of these models in that table at the bottom of the page for setting up your phone. Even if your phone is not listed there, it is still likely to work with App Inventor. Consult the App Inventor User Forum under "Getting set up and connecting your phone" for advice from others who may be using the same phone.